Monday, December 16, 2013

Peanut Butter Energy Balls


I've seen so many of those no-bake energy balls and I've really been wanting to try them so I whipped up my own version.  Most other recipes I've seen include coconut and I knew I wouldn't get the kids to even try them if there was coconut in them so they're all whole grain oats.  They are DELICIOUS!  I love the chocolate and the crasins mixed together.  Try them for yourself!  Feel free to experiment with different nut butters or substitute different dried fruit or chocolate!


Peanut Butter Energy Balls
Ingredients:
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Cereal 5 Grain Rolled Cereal
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup chopped dark chocolate pieces (I had some dark chocolate chips and used my Pampered Chef Food Chopper until I had 1/4 cup)
1/4 cup craisins
1 scoop vanilla flavored protein powder*

Instructions:
Combine all in a bowl, I ended up mixing with my hands.  Cover and put in fridge about a half hour to chill.  Form into balls and store in fridge.  Grab one or two whenever you need a yummy snack!!


*I used About Time Whey protein powder in the Birthday Cake flavor - http://tryabouttime.com/
If you use a different powder use one whole serving of the protein powder.

No comments:

Post a Comment