Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Smoothie



I was looking for a recipe I had seen SOMEWHERE online for an apple pie smoothie.  It's paleo and had avocado in it.  If you see it, send it my way.  So as I was searching for that I came across this recipe from Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations which is one of my favorite paleo food websites.  He's got a lot of good stuff that I've barely made a dent in his recipe supply.  Some seriously delicious recipes.  Here is the original link for this recipe:  Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (his photography is WAY better than mine)  ;)

So after we had tacos last night made with my taco meat, 5 minute guacamole, and 10 minute pico de gallo served over some lettuce with some added jalapenos we all needed something a bit sweet to end our meal.  After coming off the Easter holiday weekend I told my kids no sugar.  This was a good compromise for them.  My son even told me this was a good one.  The kids each did feel like it needed to be sweeter so they each put a packet of Stevia in their smoothies.  They were happy to have dessert; I was happy it wasn't cake.  I would even add a package of About Time Whey in the Cinnamon Swirl flavor to add some protein to this!  It could be a good after workout smoothie!
This is a paleo and clean eating food option.


Pumpkin Pie Smoothie

Ingredients:
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 cup coconut milk (I use Silk Original Coconut Milk - found at SuperTarget)
1/2 cup apple juice
1 banana
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 cup ice cubes

Instructions:
Combine all in a blender or smoothie maker and blend until smooth. 

Nutrition facts from www.fatsecret.com based on 2 servings:
Per Serving: Calories - 164, Fat - 3.37g, Cholesterol - 0mg, Sodium - 26mg, Potassium - 560mg, Total Carbs - 33.8g, Fiber - 6.8g, Sugars - 21.04g, Protein - 3.23g

No comments:

Post a Comment