Friday, March 29, 2013

Pan-Seared Garlic Scallops



If you haven't already noticed it - I have a new tab titled Paleo & Clean Eating.  It's a good source for anyone who specifically wants these types of recipes because of lifetyles or Celiac Disease and need to be Gluten Free.  I will post any of my recipes that apply to these specifics and I have also listed some of my favorite sources of information.

I was checking out at the grocery store the other day and saw a package of scallops in the meat freezer close by.  I love scallops.  My kids enjoy them also.  So I whipped up this super simple pan recipe and we ate them with a bowl of All Day Minestrone that I had left in my fridge.  They were delish.

This is a paleo, whole 30 & clean eating recipe


Pan-Seared Garlic Scallops

Ingredients:
1 pound scallops
2-3 tablespoons EVOO
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1-2 tablespoons lemon juice (optional)

Instructions:
Heat EVOO in a saucepan and add minced garlic.  Saute until fragrant then add the scallops to the saucepan.  Leave uncovered and let them cook about 5 minutes, then flip over and cook another 5 or so minutes.  You can cover them after you flip them over, but don't put a seal on the pan.  Make sure the steam can escape.  Right before serving squirt some lemon juice over each scallop. 

Nutrition Facts from www.fatsecret.com based on 4 servings.

Per serving: Calories - 226, Fat - 7.65g, Sat Fat - 1.028g, Cholesterol - 38mg, Sodium - 185mg, Potassium - 374mg, Total Carbs - 5.27g, Dietary Fiber - .2g, Sugars - .23g, Protein - 19.44g

No comments:

Post a Comment