Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches



So this recipe = super easy.  Then again, there isn't much that you put into a Crock Pot that isn't!  The original recipe called for soy sauce, so I'm going to put that in there, but I ran out, so had to use a substitute.  It was still good.  I had quite a few rib steaks that needed to be used up from my freezer, so I used that for the beef part.  It was quite good.  Luckily I had homemade buns in my freezer so all I had to do was make the beef part!


French Dip Sandwiches (Crock Pot)

Ingredients:
3-4 pounds roast, trimmed of fat and cut into large pieces or just cut in half
1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce*
1 beef bouillon cube
1 bay leaf
3-4 peppercorns, crushed
1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
french sandwich rolls or buns

Instructions:
Place roast in 4-5 quart slow cooker.  Combine soy sauce and next 6 ingredients and pour over roast.  Add water to slow cooker until roast is almost covered.

Cover and cook on low 7-8 hours until very tender (or high 4-6 hours).  Remove roast, reserving broth, shred with forks.  Place shredded meat into rolls/buns and serve with reserved broth for dipping.

*If you don't have soy sauce you can substitute Worcestershire sauce.  Use 4 tablespoons Worcestershire plus 1 tablespoon water in exchange for the 1/2 cup soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment