Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Macaroni Hot Dog Dish

Pin It

This recipe came from a box of macaroni and cheese when I was growing up.  Mom made it one day and it instantly because a family favorite for a quick dinner.  I often make it on a weekend for the kids at lunchtime and they request it often.  It is most definitely one of their favorites and it's still a favorite of mine and my whole family.  I also like to make it when my kids have friends over because almost every kid likes hot dogs and you only have to have a taste to be hooked on its deliciousness.  I've shared this recipe many times and hope you will too!




Macaroni Hot Dog Dish

Ingredients:
1 box Kraft macaroni and cheese (or your favorite mac & cheese)
4 hot dogs cut into slices (we prefer Ball Park)
1 15-ounce can Hormel chili with beans
1/4 to 1/2 cup ketchup

Instructions:
Prepare noodles from mac & cheese and drain.  No need to add the milk and butter, but add the cheese packet and the rest of the ingredients and mix well.  Simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes until hot dogs are cooked through and the hot dish is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment