Friday, October 21, 2011

Hot Butterbeer

Pin It
Halloween is almost here (hence my little haunted house in my background photo) and the chilly weather has finally hit.  The kids spent the afternoon outside and came in asking for something warm to drink.  We already finished the mix for the Hot Buttered Rum and Ava has been asking me to try this recipe for a long time so I finally decided to make it today.  Let me tell you - this stuff is GREAT!  This completely takes the cake over hot cocoa any day.  I'm actually tempted to make a big batch of this to keep in the fridge and just heat up in the microwave on a whim!  It was so good I didn't even wait to blog it.  I wanted to share it with you all so you can try for yourselves!!  The two mugs on the right show with the whipped topping and butterscotch topping and the ones on the left are without.


Hot Butterbeer

This makes a single serving, so if you want to make more than one mug-full then just measure up the ingredients according.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream*
2 tablespoons powdered sugar*
1 teaspoon vanilla butter and nut flavoring**
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon honey
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cornstarch
butterscotch ice cream topping

Instructions:
Whip cream and 2 tablespoons powdered sugar until stiff and set aside.  Add flavoring to mug and set aside.  Heat milk, honey, 1/4 cup powdered sugar & cornstarch in a saucepan over medium heat, whisking constantly, just until boiling.  Remove from heat and pour into mug(s).  Top with whipped cream and drizzle with butterscotch topping.

*I had cool whip in my fridge, so I used that instead and didn't make the homemade version.
**I didn't have this but am determined to find it.  I'm not sure who will have it, but my first check will be SuperTarget in Grand Forks (if I can't find it at the Farmer's Store in Hallock).  I did google and found that McCormick has the product so it can't be too hard to find.  Instead of this ingredient I used the Pampered Chef Madagascar Vanilla.

The kids very excitedly drinking their Butterbeer and watching Harry Potter too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment