Monday, September 19, 2011

Sausage and Vegetable Soup



This was something different to try.  We had mixed reviews in our house.  My husband wasn't a real big fan, Hogan said it was just OK, Ava said it was good and Vayle... I don't even remember if she ate (typical 3-year old behavior).  I thought it was good.  It seemed to be missing something.  It didn't have a rich flavor.  I ended up crushing up some Doritos into the soup and that was pretty good.  So - try if you want something different.  I used tomato sauce, but maybe diced tomatoes with some sort of 'flavorings' in it would add to it.

Sausage and Vegetable Soup

Ingredients:
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 16-ounce can tomato sauce
1 10-ounce can cream of mushroom soup
1 pound beef ring sausage (I used Hillshire Farm Smoked Beef Sausage)
2 cups diced potato
1 cup chopped onion
1 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon dried basil

Instructions:
Combine all in a 3 quart slow cooker and mix well.  Cover and cook on low 7 to 8 hours.

Makes about 8 servings
Nutritional info: Calories - 381, Fat - 13.1g, Cholesterol - 66mg, Sodium - 753, - Carbs - 46.3mg, Dietary Fiber - 9.9g, Sugars - 7.6g, Protein - 22.3g

I get my nutrition info from:  Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment