Friday, September 9, 2011

Pizza Mac Bake



Sometimes I try a new recipe I have stowed away for safe keeping in my recipe box that I know I will try some day.  Sometimes when I finally get around to trying them I think 'Why have I not made this before???'  THIS is one of those recipes.  It's mac & cheese and pizza in one.  Super.... really super delicious.  I even had a girlfriend over for supper with the kids and I, all of us had seconds and all of us thought it was fabulous.  Of course I topped mine with some Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce because it goes on my pizza too... and other various things that aren't spicy enough for my palette.  Okay - enough idle chatter... here's the recipe.

Pizza Mac Bake

Ingredients:
1 box macaroni and cheese
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
1 tablespoon dried minced onion
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 14-ounce jar pizza sauce
1 3 ounce package sliced pepperoni
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded

Instructions:
Prepare macaroni & cheese as directed on package in one pot and brown hamburger with minced onion in another pan. 
Grease a 9x13 pan.  Layer in the following manner:  mac & cheese, cheddar cheese, hamburger, pizza sauce, pepperoni, mozzarella cheese.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes.  Let sit for about 5 minutes after taking out of the oven to let it set.

No comments:

Post a Comment