Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Ground Beef Stroganoff




This is a super simple supper to make and very kid friendly.  This always goes over well in my house.  Tonight I was lazy and did ground beef over noodles instead of making meatballs.  Either way - it's delicious and another good noodle option would be egg noodles.  I am not very good at taking photos of my food - it's hit and miss if I get a good one and I don't think this photo does the meal justice, it's a delicious 480 calorie dish.  Add a side salad or some steamed veggies!  Hope you try it and enjoy!



Ground Beef Stroganoff

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
2 teaspoons dried minced onion
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
2 tablespoons flour
2 teaspoons beef base*
2 cups water*
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 pound spaghetti noodles (or whatever kind of noodles you would like to use)

Instructions:
Brown hamburger with minced onion then add nutmeg, ground cloves, flour and beef base and stir in well.  Add water and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally until thickened.  Remove from heat and add sour cream.  Serve over hot noodles.

*if you don't have beef base - use 2 cups of beef broth and omit the beef base and water from the recipe

Nutritional info:  Calories - 480, Fat - 12.9g, Cholesterol - 165mg, Sodium - 588mg, Carbs - 44.4g, Protein - 43.9g

I get my nutrition info from: Calorie Counter

No comments:

Post a Comment