Monday, September 12, 2011

Crockpot Cherry Cobbler



Anybody that knows me knows I love to cook with my crockpot.  Breakfast, Dinner, Supper & Dessert... it doesn't matter.  When Chris asked me what was in the crockpot for dessert, and I told him, he said he wasn't a fan of cherry dessert.  I didn't say anything.  The rule in our house is you have to try at least one bite before you decide whether you care for it or not.  After we had our zucchini soup for supper I dished up bowls of cobbler with a scoop of ice cream, set one bowl in front of each of the kids and just waited.  Hogan took a small taste and decided it 'wasn't terrible'.  He proceeded to finish the bowl... but not before his dad got a taste to decide if he wanted some too.  Yeah - he had a bowlful.  So, this dessert is a hit and I bet you could use other types of pie filling also.

Crockpot Cherry Cobbler

Ingredients:
1 21-ounce can cherry pie filling
1 18.25-ounce package yellow cake mix
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional - I didn't use)
whipped topping or vanilla ice cream

Instructions:
Grease a 2 to 3-quart crockpot and pour pie filling inside.  Mix together cake mix and melted butter and crumble as evenly as possible over pie filling.  Sprinkle the walnuts over top.  Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours or high 1 1/2 to 2 hours.  Serve warm with whipped topping or ice cream.
Makes 8 to 10 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment