Sunday, August 28, 2011

Yum Yum Hotdish



You're going to take one look at the ingredients for this recipe and probably think like many have.  That's quite a strange combination.  Trust me when I say - it's delicious.  It came from my Grandma.  It has to be good.  She made it for my dad, his brother and sister growing up and my mom made it for us kids and now my siblings and I make it for our own families.  It's one of my kid's favorites, but then again, my kids have quite a few of those.  It's really best served over top of a baked potato.  Smash it all together.  I dare you not to enjoy it!

Yum Yum Hotdish

Ingredients:
1 1/2 pounds hamburger
1 can cream corn
1 can spaghettios
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 can of milk (pour the milk in your mushroom soup can and scrape the sides to get as much out of the can as you're able)
1/2 pound Velveeta, diced

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Brown hamburger with minced onion in a large pot.  Add the rest of ingredients and stir.  Bake covered for 1 hour stirring occasionally.

*note, Velveeta really is the best cheese to use in here, I have used the American Brick cheese, and it just doesn't add the flavor Velveeta does

No comments:

Post a Comment