Sunday, August 28, 2011

Monkey Muffins



I've had this recipe in my recipe box for quite some time and haven't ever made them.  Yesterday I was doing some baking for a bake sale benefit tomorrow and decided I would make a double batch so I could give some for the sale and have some for the family.  They looked good except when they cooled off the centers sank in a bit on some of them, but they taste good.  Very soft and moist inside.  My family enjoyed them and I hope you do also.


Monkey Muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
2/3 cup peanut butter
1 tablespoon milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
In large bowl cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.  Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.  Beat in bananas, peanut butter, milk and vanilla.  In another bowl combine flour, baking soda and salt and mix well then blend into creamed mixture until moistened.  Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full.  You can sprinkle a little more sugar on the tops before cooking.  Bake at 350 for 20 to 24 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool for 5 minutes in muffin tin before removing to wire racks.  Makes about 18 muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment