Thursday, August 25, 2011

Crockpot BBQ Beef




My sister gave me this recipe for BBQ Beef in the crockpot to use up leftover roast.  Today I finally got a chance to give it a whirl and boy, it was delicious.  When it was cooking this afternoon my hubby smelled it and it said it smelled just like Bullseye Barbecue Sauce, which is his favorite.  He said these sandwiches were really good.  Yesterday I made two Pop Roasts in the crockpot so we could have roast beef with potatoes and corn for supper then I could use the leftovers for BBQ Beef tonight.  I would highly recommend using this homeade sauce instead of the store bought!


BBQ Beef

Sauce Ingredients:
14 oz ketchup
2 tablespoons liquid smoke
2 tablespoons mustard
1/4 cup Worcestershire Sauce
2 to 3 tablespoons light brown sugar (American Crystal of course)
10 ounces of Coke (I only had Coke Zero so that's what I used)

*Optional - you can put in a bit of tabasco to add a little spice, but I didn't do this

Instructions:
Put all your sauce ingredients in a 2 or 3 quart crockpot and whisk it so it's all combined.  Dump whatever leftover shredded beef you have into the crockpot and let cook on low for about 3 to 4 hours.  I had probably 5 to 6 cups of shredded beef left from my roast and it was about perfect.  If you have only 2 or 3 cups, I would half the sauce recipe and make in a smaller crockpot.

No comments:

Post a Comment